- I wrote an article about how to automate the detection of bot/scanners looking for vulnerabilities in your sites and block them using the Ubuntu Firewall and a trick for an annoying tab error in Python.
- I’ve been testing and adding more instances to CMIPS. I’m planning on testing the Azure instance with 120 cores.
- News: Microsoft makes an option to permanently remote work
- One of my colleagues showed me dstat, a very nice tool for system monitoring, and bandwidth of a drive monitoring. Also ifstat, as complement to iftop is very cool for Network too. This functionality is also available in CTOP.py
- As I shared in the past news of the blog, I’m resuming my contributions to ZFS Community.
Long time ago I created some ZFS tools that I want to share soon as Open Source.
I equipped myself with the proper Hardware to test on SAS and SATA:
- 12G Internal PCI-E SAS/SATA HBA RAID Controller Card, Broadcom’s SAS 3008, compatible for SAS 9300-8I.
This is just an HDA (Host Data Adapter), it doesn’t support RAID. Only connects up to 8 drives or 1024 through expander, to my computer.
It has a bandwidth of 9,600 MB/s which guarantees me that I’ll be able to add 12 SAS SSD Enterprise grade at almost the max speed of the drives. Those drives perform at 900 MB/s so if I’m using all of them at the same time, like if I have a pool of 8 + 3 and I rebuild a broken drive or I just push Data, I would be using 12×900 = 10,800 MB/s. Close. Fair enough.
- VANDESAIL Mini-SAS Cables, 1m Internal Mini-SAS to 4x SAS SATA Forward Breakout Cable Hard Drive Data Transfer Cable (SAS Cable).
- SilverStone SST-FS212B – Aluminium Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane / Internal Hard Drive Enclosure for 12x 2.5 Inch SAS/SATA HDD or SSD, fit in any 3x 5.25 Inch Drive Bay, with Fan and Lock, black
- Terminator is here.
I ordered this T-800 head a while ago and finally arrived.
Finally I will have my empty USB keys located and protected. ;)
Remember to be always nice to robots. :)